2.13.2011

- Time Out -

What are dreams?

Yes - I know - the purpose of this blog is to explore that very question. But why do we dream about something that is so far off what we experience and believe in our waking life?

Last night I had a dream about a person, in a situation that has never crossed my mind before, nor do I want it to again. It does not reflect how I feel about this person currently or ever in the past. Yet in my dream, I liked it.

I did some quick research and both Cosmo and Ladies Home Journal made an interesting point about unsettling dreams. That we are attracted to the qualities that person possesses or desire a closer relationship with that person in our waking life. It makes sense; the content in your dreams is often obscure and seemingly unrelated to anything you know to be true, but are actually symbols and representative of your deep emotional truths.

No comments:

Post a Comment