2.22.2011

Waiting and Running

pumice soap
via Dirty Bunny
... I'm at a group retreat, like a girl scout convention, and it's in someone's private home. I walk to the bathroom but someone is in there so I stand by the door to wait. A troop of girls comes running by - giggling and having fun. I see my friend's daughter; she's smiling and laughing.

I remember that there's only one bathroom in the house - I should run back and get my shower stuff before there's a huge line! I'll wait until after I go to the bathroom though. Some girl comes and stands right in front of me. The other girl comes out and she tries to budge in

"Excuse me! what are you doing? I was here waiting first." I say to her and force my way ahead of her. She tries to argue with me but I'm not going to listen to that! I slam the door. Inside the bathroom there's a poster of Vegas. When I wash my hands the bar of soap is really scratchy and it hurts. The water is icy cold and I'm having trouble washing off all the soap.

I run across the green grassy yard to the other house so I can get my shower stuff. It's my old neighborhood and I'm running to my childhood friend's house. I go to the back - but when I run to the door it's covered over in brick! I have to use the second back door. I run inside and see another girl. She says to me "I hate sharing a bathroom. She's going to be my sister-in-law and I don't even want to share a shower! Does that sound weird?" Umm, ok. I don't say anything and run up the stairs two at a time. I have to get there before the line is too long!...

waiting
running
hands
soap

No comments:

Post a Comment